July 10, 2012

Countdown: 7 weeks, and 4 days!

I can't believe how much time flies when you already have a child, especially one Brenden's age. I am always so busy with Brenden that I don't have that one on one time to focus on this baby's growth and development. Sure I could see this as sad and that I am missing out, but I choose to see it as, I am having so much fun with Brenden and this new little baby will be so loved when she decides to make her appearance.

So what's going on with this third trimester? Well, I can tell you. I just had my 32 week appointment yesterday morning and don't have to have another appointment until August! Great news! I'll go in on August 6th for my 36 week appointment and then start to go in and see the good doctor every week. I feel so incredibly blessed that this pregnancy is going so well! Brenden's pregnancy went alright, I was just so uncomfortable and was sick for a lot of it. But this time everything is going so well and I feel so great about it! My protein levels in my urine have gone down, passed my glucose test with flying colors, my blood pressure is constantly great at every appointment, I don't have any swelling other than it being hot outside, but it never lasts, I have energy, I can breathe still, and baby is measuring right on. The best news, I got to skip the 2 week appointments, YES!

The even better news? Well instead of a September baby, we're looking at an August baby! The doctor says that since this baby is measuring a week and a half past where Brenden was at this point and it being a second pregnancy I'm looking at delivering around 38 weeks! And 38 weeks puts this baby entering this world around August 18th! Which makes me even more nervous. I have done absolutely nothing to prepare! NOTHING! Sure, I've collected some clothes and gotten Brenden a toddler bed, but that about covers it. But part of me can't help but be a little excited as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment